Family Lawyer In Durham
Ann M. Credle, P.A., is a divorce and family law firm that is committed to providing clients with quality legal representation. Attorney Ann Credle has the abilities to litigate even complex cases, but is often able to reach favorable results through skilled negotiations.
Full-Service Family Law Firm
Family lawyer Ann Credle at the firm handles legal issues involving:
- Divorce: Most divorce cases in North Carolina are uncontested, and in some instances you are able to speed up the legal process if you and your spouse are able to agree on terms for the divorce agreement. Working with a lawyer can also speed up this process.
- Property division: When you go to divide assets and debts in divorce, you want to be sure that a fair agreement is reached. Attorney Ann Credle can assist with this process.
- Alimony: Sometimes referred to as spousal support, alimony is determined by the courts. The firm will explain how alimony affects your divorce case.
- Separation agreements: For some couples, choosing legal separation is in their best interests. Ms. Credle assists clients in drafting effective separation agreements.
- Prenuptial agreements: Often referred to as “prenups,” these agreements are particularly effective in situations where one enters into a second marriage, an individual has significant inheritance, or if one spouse owns a business prior to a marriage.
- Child custody: Creating an effective parenting plan is important, and attorney Ann Credle has experience working with parents facing all types of unique circumstances.
- Child support: This is an income-based payment calculation that is often affected by child custody. The firm can explain how child support affects your situation.
- Custody and support modifications: If your situation changes, there may be times when a modification of an existing custody or support order is necessary. The firm can provide advice on this process.
- Paternity: A simple DNA test can establish paternity. Once paternity is established, if necessary, a custody and visitation plan can also be established.
- Mediation: Mediation is a confidential process where matters are handled outside of the courtroom. If you are able to agree on a settlement, this can be a cost-effective approach.
- Grandparents’ rights: The firm handles legal issues involving grandparents seeking custodial rights.
- Adoptions: Ms. Credle represents clients looking to adopt, including stepparent adoptions.